Dr Arminda Mendes Costa and Dr Carol Hall visited College of Nursing Jesenice
Dr Arminda Mendes Costa, FINE Emeritus President, FINE Advisory Board member, A3es CAE Nursing President and Dr Carol Hall, Associate Professor at the University of Nottingham and FINE Vice President visited College of Nursing Jesenice on 27 March, 2014.
Topics discussed included:
- Directive 2013/55/EU and the most important contributions of the new Directive.
- Nursing education in Slovenia: secondary and tertiary education, experiences from Portugal and the UK relevant for change implementation in Slovenia.
- Development of bachelor’s programs in nursing (240 ECTS), transformation from diploma degree (180 ECTS) to bachelor’s degree.
- National standards for nursing education which exceed the Directive 2013/55/EU, experiences from Portugal and the UK.
- Development of PhD programs in nursing and health care science in Slovenia.
Both guests will also participate at the 7th International Conference entitled “Quality indicators for quality higher education in nursing and the level of responsibility” on 27 March, 2014.