Activities for CNJ’s international partners
From September 15th–21st, 2010, CNJ organized several meetings for its international partners who participated at the 3rd International Scientific Conference. The aim of the meetings was to increase cooperation and discuss the operational aspects of current joint international research projects involving CNJ:
- “Factors Affecting the Professional Esteem of Health Care Professionals Working with Older People”, Research project holder: University of the West of Scotland, School of Health, Nursing and Midwifery, for the period 2010-2011;
- “Nursing in Families”, Research project holder: University of the West of Scotland, School of Health, Nursing and Midwifery, for the period 2010-2011;
- “Works in Progress/Works Completed: An integrated research, teaching and learning seminar for taught master students across Europe”, for the period 2010-2011, with participating schools: Oslo University College, Norway, Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, Portugal, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and College of Nursing Jesenice, Slovenia.
Our partners from Swansea University, from the University of the West of Scotland, from Oslo University College, and from the University of Central Lancashire discussed the possibilities of future cooperation. The international guests expressed great enthusiasm about the pedagogic approaches at CNJ, our commitment to research and development, and the organization of the college.
A discussion was also held with FINE (European Federation of Nurse Educators) President, Mrs. Maria Arminda Mendes Costa, RN, PhD, about the possibilities for CNJ’s active involvement in FINE, because at the time CNJ was an associate FINE member only.
CNJ hosted Professor Joy Merrell, RN, PhD, from Swansea University, who is President of Upsilon Xi at Large Chapter, Wales, and STTI Europe Coordinator. We discussed the possibilities of CNJ establishing a chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International (the Honor Society of Nursing).
Having signed an agreement on Erasmus exchange programs, we at CNJ are looking forward to a long-lasting cooperation with the University of Central Lancashire, Faculty of Health and Social Care and the School of Nursing and Caring Sciences. Three CNJ students have already started their exchange programs at the University of Central Lancashire in the beginning of October. International coordinator Ms. Helen Ellis and tutor coordinator Mr. Ivan McGlen visited Slovenia to inspect CNJ’s study bases and accommodation facilities for their students who will start exchange programs in 2011.
At the moment, CNJ has concluded Erasmus agreements with the following colleges and universities (Erasmus University Charter-Extended: 25002-IC-1-2010-1-SI-ERASMUS-EUCX-1, Erasmus number is SI JESENICE01):
- Oslo University College, Faculty of Nursing Oslo, Norway;
- University of Central Lancashire, Faculty of Health and Social Care and the School of Nursing and Caring Sciences, Great Britain;
- Adnan Menderes Univerity, School of Health, Turkey;
- University of West of Scotland, Faculty of Education, Health and Social Sciences, Great Britain;
- Savonia University of Applied Sciences, Health Professions, Finland.
In 2010, CNJ organized four one-week professor exchanges for the field of teaching, and hosted two professors from our partner schools. Professor exchange for master’s level programs is conducted on the basis of bilateral agreements.