College of Nursing Jesence participate at the IP “Works in Progress - Malta 2014”
College of Nursing Jesenice (CNJ) have been since 2010 the member of the international IRIS consortium, coordinated by the Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway. The main activity of the IRIS consortium is seminar »Works in Progress« (WIP), which is dedicated to the master students of nursing and other healthcare professionals. WIP consists of lectures, workshops and individual conversations with the academics of different EU countries through which students gain knowledge about different parts of the research process, such as research design, academic writing and research methodology for application on their master thesis proposal.
Seminar WIP 2014 is taking place from May 19th till May 30th 2014 in Malta, hosting by the University of Malta, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing. 22 students and 11 academics from 6 EU countries are participating on this years’ event:
- University of Malta, Malta
- Oslo and Akerhus University College of Applied Sciences, Oslo, Norway
- Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- Institúto Politéchnico de Leiria, Portugal
- VIA University College, Denmark
- College of Nursing Jesenice, Slovenia.
The Republic of Slovenia is represented with 4 students of the second Bologna Cycle Nursing Care Study programme at CNJ. Students participate with their research projects in the subject “Evidence-based practice in Nursing” or with their master thesis proposals:
- Mrs. Majda Čaušević: »Non pharmacological approaches to the management of cancer chronic pain«;
- Mrs. Ana Istenič: »Experiences of cervical cancer patients treated with internal radiation therapy«;
- Mrs. Jana Fajfar: »Utility of Findrisc questionnaire in screening for diabetes type 2«;
- Mr. Robert Skuhala: »Importance of education of the firemen about basic life support with the use of automatic external defibrillator«.
12-days ongoing WIP programme, founded by European Commission »LLP: Works in Progress: Developing Proposals for the Master project/thesis/capstone in Nursing and the Allied Professions that contributes to the development of new Nursing and Allied Professional Knowledge in Europe (No.: 2013-1-NO1-ERA10-06366)«, includes lectures and workshops of the quantitative and qualitative research process, such as selection of research design, literature review, research ethics, reflexivity in research, the influence of research on clinical practice, communicating research, formulating research questions, data collection methods, psychometric testing, mixed methods research and data analysis.
Photo of the WIP 2014 participants.
Previous Works in Progress seminars with the CNJ participation:
2010 – Dublin, Ireland
2011 – Jesenice, Slovenia (CNJ host the event)
2012 – Oslo, Norway
2013 – Leiria, Portugal
2014 – Valletta Campus, Malta