University of Greenwich, School of Health and Social Care, official new partner of the College of Nursing Jesenice
The College of Nursing Jesenice continues to broaden its international network. At the invitation of Anneyce Knight, European Lead, Senior Lecturer, the Dean of CNJ met with senior officials of the School of Health and Social Care, University of Greenwich, from January 17 – January 19, 2011. She conducted talks with:
- Liz Meerabeau, PhD, Head of School,
- Liz West, Director of Research,
- Allan McNaught, PhD, Head of Health Development Department,
- Irena Chojnacka, Professional Lead of Acute and Continuing Care Department,
- Karen Cleaver, Head of Family Care and Mental Health Department.
The talks focused on a comparison of study programmes offered by both schools and possibilities of cooperation. Different types of postgraduate nursing studies in England were also discussed, with special emphasis on the development of specialisations.
The following common areas of development were identified:
- cooperation in health care management and public health programmes;
- joint research projects in diabetes, alcohol abuse, and patient experience with health care services;
- joint applications for European Union calls for tender.
The schools are in the process of concluding an Erasmus Exchange programme agreement for the exchange of students and academic staff. During her visit, the Dean of CNJ gave a talk entitled "European Health Systems—the System in Slovenia". Senior staff at the School of Health and Social Care expressed great interest in participating at the 4th International Scientific Conference: "Evidence-Based Clinical Practice—Opportunities for Connecting Health Care Professions, Patient Needs, and Knowledge", scheduled to take place between June 9 – June 10, 2011, and at the 4th International Conference: "Nursing Specialisations—Where Nursing Meets Medicine," taking place on March 3, 2011.
By expanding its international cooperation, the College of Nursing Jesenice continues to pursue the international partnership strategy, enabling academic staff, students, and researchers to exchange knowledge and experience with their international peers.
The photo features Anneyce Knight, European Lead, Senior Lecturer, and Dean of the College of Nursing Jesenice, Brigita Skela Savič, PhD, during a symbolic handover of the School of Health and Social Care journal.
More on School of Health and Social Care.